Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD
DURATION: From 4-6 Hours
Known for its shopping arcades, street art, cafes, bars and boutiques, our Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD takes you on a foodie scavenger hunt through the city's laneways. With the option to complete this tour on foot, you will solve clues to find producers who will gift you an array of delicious items for an incredible picnic spread; whilst stopping to admire world-renowned street art along the way. Once you've collected all of your picnic items, you'll make your way to a serene and open-grassed picnic area to lay out your blanket and enjoy your feast.
Inclusions in the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD:
- A takeaway hot drink from a mystery cafe to start your adventure
- A visit to 5 different mystery produce stores to collect an arrangement of food and non-alcoholic drinks for your picnic basket.
- A delicious picnic spread at a tranquil picnic destination in the heart of Melbourne CBD; and
- Clues and riddles to find each new mystery location/activity (accessed via your smartphone)
Optional Upgrades for the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD:
Upgrade your Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD by adding:
- A bottle of wine to enjoy with your picnic for only an additional $17.5 per person. Please note you will have the option to choose your preferred variety on the day.
- A fun and challenging mystery activity for only an additional $50 per person. To find out what a mystery activity is, please read the FAQS below.
- A gorgeous picnic set-up at your mystery picnic location (perfect for a proposal!), starting with packages from $290. To view picnic set-up packages, please click here & to add to your experience, please contact us.
You Will Need for the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD:
- A mobile phone with internet access to receive the clues
- Your own car to travel between destinations on the day OR you can walk on foot between each mystery location (approx 3.5km). Public transport & e-scooter options also available.
- You will also need to supply your own picnic basket (or bag to carry the food items in), a picnic blanket and some utensils for this adventure. Prior to your Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD, we will provide you with a small checklist of items you will need to bring.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD:
While it might seem suspicious, we promise it's not! On the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD tour, a mystery activity could be something like rock-climbing, completing an escape room, mini-golf, tree-surfing, bowling, or going on a boat or train ride. It could also be playing arcade games, ice-skating, doing a maze, visiting the zoo or completing a guided tour or workshop/class.
After booking, we'll check if there are any phobias, injuries, health-related conditions or weight restrictions we should be aware of for the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD Adventure. And, if possible, we will tailor the mystery activity to suit.
Whilst there are no undercover seating options at your picnic destination for the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD, there are plenty of shaded trees for you to sit under to enjoy your picnic. However, if you would like to change the date of your Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD tour because of the weather, please provide us with 3-business days' notice to avoid rescheduling fees. We also recommend watching the long-range forecast to help with your decision!
Our Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD can be customised to be completely gluten-free, lactose-free/dairy-free or vegetarian/vegan at no extra cost. When booking the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD, please let us know which dietary requirement it is, and we will ensure all items within your picnic basket adhere to those requirements.
We also do our best to cater for pregnancy requirements and nut allergies when requested. For any other dietary requirements or allergies, please contact us before booking as additional fees may occur.
Please note that whilst we do our very best to comply with any dietary requirement requests, all food items are prepared by third-party suppliers. Therefore, we cannot guarantee all requests will be completely free of that particular product or allergy. Consequently, we recommend reconfirming your dietary requirements and/or allergies with the staff at each mystery stop on your Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD.
Yes, of course! To ensure the fun continues, you can solve clues to find a mystery stay at hotel or a unique hotel rental after your Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD. Breakfast options are available, and we can even arrange a dinner reservation at a mystery restaurant for you to enjoy on the night of your stay.
To enquire about adding mystery accommodation to your Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD booking, please contact us with your preferred dates, and we'll come back to you with a quote.
Yes, our Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD is undoubtedly family-friendly and great fun to do together! We recommend selecting either the standard Mystery Picnic or the Mystery Picnic + Mystery Activity package when doing this experience with children.
Please note that we do not charge for children under 4 years of age but just ask that you bring along some food for them to enjoy on the day. Children over 12 years of age are also considered adults on our Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD adventure.
All bookings for the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD need to be made 6 days in advance of your preferred adventure date. For example, if you would like to book for a Sunday, you must ensure you have booked by midnight on the Sunday prior.
It usually takes 3 hours to collect all of your delicious picnic food from your mystery stops. So, if you book a start time, of say 10:00am, you will enjoy your mystery picnic lunch around 1:00pm on the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD.
On the Mystery Picnic in Melbourne CBD, you can expect to collect an array of delicious picnic food items that will please friends and family alike. To give you an idea, you might pick up things like charcuterie meats & antipasto, cheeses, fruits & nuts, salads, bread, hot bakery items and cakes or sweet treats. Please just note that final picnic items can vary slightly depending on the day of your adventure and location.